LiveWell Colorado is a statewide nonprofit organization committed to preventing and reducing the barriers to healthy eating and active living in Colorado communities that face inequity.
With the goal of eliminating health disparities and advancing health equity, LiveWell Colorado focuses its efforts on policy and environmental changes that remove barriers and increase access to health. Working in partnership with obesity-prevention initiatives across the state, LiveWell Colorado aims to provide every Coloradan with access to healthy foods and opportunities for physical activity to make Colorado the healthiest state in the nation.
Healthy Communities for a Healthy State
Colorado is one of the fittest states, but obesity is still a problem here. That’s why LiveWell Colorado is fighting obesity in our state by increasing access to healthy food and opportunities for physical activity.
We’re making a difference in the health of communities throughout Colorado. But we can’t do it without YOUR help. Engage in the change today.
LiveWell Colorado 2020 Strategic Goals
Coloradans will have access to healthy and affordable food.
- School Food. Colorado students will consume healthy food and beverages in school.
- Food Access and Demand. Healthy, affordable foods and beverages will be available and effectively promoted in Colorado communities.
Coloradans will engage in physical activity every day.
- School Activity. Colorado students will get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each day in school.
- Youth Recreational Opportunities. Colorado children will have access to safe and affordable recreational spaces for physical activity outside of the school day.
- Active Transportation. Coloradans will increase their use of walking and biking as means of transportation.
- Engage and reach the most impacted populations (health equity)
- Focus on high and sustained community impact
- Have broad reach (statewide, community-wide, district wide, etc.)
- Focus on short and long-term opportunities
- Collaborate with others
Colorado is one of the fittest states, but obesity is still a problem here:
- Obesity and its related diseases cost Colorado more than $1.6 billion a year.
- About 50% of Colorado adults are overweight or obese.
- More than 25% of Colorado’s children are overweight or obese.
- By 2030, Colorado’s adult obesity rate could grow from 22% to 45%.
- About 90% of Colorado kids don’t get enough fruits and veggies, and nearly 30% live in neighborhoods without parks or safe sidewalks.
That’s why LiveWell Colorado is fighting obesity in our state by increasing access to healthy food and opportunities for physical activity.
Read Our Blog
LWC Revitalizes Recreation Centers Through Healthy Eating and Active Living Initiatives
LiveWell Colorado is the leading obesity prevention organization in the state of Colorado with a focus on expanding access to…
Obesity and Military Service: Reflections on a recent report by Mission: Readiness
By Karen Moldovan, Policy Director at LiveWell Colorado Retired military…
LiveWell Colorado Springs Project Receives BUILD Health Grant
Our partners in Colorado Springs recently received a $75,000 grant…
The Importance of Equality in Sports for Women and Girls
The benefits of sports are well-known: In addition to having…
Colorado Municipal League Conference Wrap-Up
LiveWell Colorado's HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign participated in the…