Taste & Talk Breakfast Fundraiser
Please join LiveWell Colorado on Tuesday, October 9, from 7:30-9:30 a.m. at The Hangar at Stanley Marketplace, 2501 Dallas St, for our inaugural Taste & Talk fundraising breakfast.
LiveWell’s work is grounded in an understanding that not all Coloradans have equal access and opportunities to be healthy due to policies, environments, and systems that perpetuate inequalities by income, place, and race. LiveWell focuses on changing these systems in order to create opportunities for health and wellness in partnership with communities and individuals who face systemic and institutional barriers to a healthy lifestyle: low-income communities and people of color in urban, suburban, and rural parts of the state.
Our inaugural Taste and Talk breakfast will bring together some of Colorado’s most knowledgeable experts on food justice and active lifestyle access in our state. You will have the opportunity to choose three topics that most interest you and participate in expert-facilitated table conversations throughout the course of the event. This exclusive opportunity will provide you access to ask questions and participate in a dialogue with the best in the industry. Instead of being talked to, you will be talked with.
You will be treated to breakfast provided by Snooze – an iconic breakfast eatery born in Denver and focused on becoming an integral part of each community they live and work in.
Funds raised by this event will help support LiveWell’s efforts to increase access to healthy eating and active living by removing barriers that inequitably and disproportionately affect low-income communities and people of color across the state.
If you are interested in being a SPONSOR of our Taste & Talk breakfast, you can view our full event sponsorship packet HERE.
We hope you’ll join us for tasty breakfast and engaging conversations on October 9!
Meet the discussion leaders!
- Lindsay Saperstone — Corner Store Program Administrator, City and County of Denver
- Zora Cobb — Program Specialist, SNAP, FNS, USDA, Mountain Plains Region
- Caronne Porter — Double Up Food Bucks Program Assistant, LiveWell Colorado
- Teva Sienicki — CEO, MetroCaring
- Donna Garnett — Executive Director, The Urban Farm
- Khadija Haynes — President & CEO, K-Solutions
- Jessica Wright — Culinary Specialist, LiveWell Colorado
- Gabby Warner — Chief Programs Officer, Chef Ann Foundation
- Jonathan Padia, MS, RD — Nutrition Programs Principal Consultant, CDE Office of School Nutrition
- Virginia Till — Recycling Specialist & Sustainable Management of Food Regional Lead, EPA Region 8, Environmental Stewardship Unit
- Laura A. Smith, MPH — Programs & Grants Coordinator, The School Food Project, Boulder Valley School District
- Theresa Spires — School Wellness Coordinator, St Vrain Valley Schools
- Wendy Peters Moschetti — Director of Food Systems, LiveWell Colorado
- Terri Livermore — Policy Director, LiveWell Colorado
- Julie George — Policy Director, LiveWell Colorado
- Tony Milo — Executive Director, Colorado Contractors Association
- Will Toor — Transportation Program Director, Southwest Energy Efficiency
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Capitol Focus
- City of Commerce City
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Kaiser Permanente
- Living Closer Foundation
- Norden41 LLC
- The Colorado Trust
- Denver Urban Spectrum