Join the Campaign
Become a part of the momentum.
The HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign helps municipalities increase access to biking, walking, recreation, healthy food, and a healthy workplace—attributes that make any town healthier and more economically successful. Why not get started today?
Joining the Campaign is free and easy
Our staff assists in drafting a resolution, which outlines the focus of your policy area(s). Once the resolution is formally adopted, your town becomes a member of the Campaign with access to ongoing support.
We invite municipal leaders and advocates to join your colleagues across Colorado in the HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign and start taking advantage of LiveWell Colorado’s resources, knowledge, experience, and tools to help communities engage in healthy eating and active living. Plus, by boosting the overall appeal of your city or town in the eyes of prospective new businesses and residents, it’s a smart economic development move too.
For more info and to join the campaign please contact Julie George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Campaign Works
We engage with municipal leaders to identify the highest priority HEAL-related needs in their community and tailor the Campaign around those.
Our staff assists in drafting a resolution that outlines the focus of municipalities’ policy efforts and goals.
Once the city council adopts the resolution, the town becomes a member of the Campaign with access to ongoing support.
Campaign Member Benefits Include:
- Free technical assistance on policy work regarding access to healthy food, active living and a healthy workplace. This can include reviewing a policy, finding sample policies, connecting with other municipalities that have tackled the same/similar issues, surveys written for the town, and more.
- Recognition for the town’s accomplishments through both LiveWell Colorado and the Colorado Municipal League. This can include promotion on LiveWell’s blog/website (nearly 14,000 monthly visits), in the HEAL Cities & Towns quarterly newsletter and/or the LiveWell Colorado monthly newsletter (distributed to more than 19,000 subscribers), social media posts to LiveWell Colorado’s Facebook page (nearly 66,000 likes) and/or Twitter feed (more than 6,000 followers), as well as through CML newsletters and social media, at CML regional meetings, and occasionally longer articles in the CML quarterly magazine.
- Creation and presentation of an official award plaque from LiveWell Colorado honoring your town’s commitment to HEAL, which can be displayed in the municipal building.
- Media resources including press releases, newsletter/blog articles, and assistance connecting with local media to showcase the town’s work to increase access to HEAL.
- Peer networking at LiveWell Colorado’s annual HEAL Summit and through other one-on-one or small-group connections facilitated by LiveWell.
- Access to in-depth technical assistance and small grant opportunities available exclusively to members of the HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign.
- Connections to funding resources and grant opportunities—often those not generally marketed to municipalities—through LiveWell’s substantial network of HEAL partners.
- Letters of recommendation for grant applications.
- Use of the LiveWell Colorado HEAL Cities & Towns logo and association with the LiveWell Colorado brand, a statewide brand recognized as a leading organization increasing access to healthy eating and active living (HEAL) throughout Colorado.
The HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign is for all municipalities, whether you are currently working on access to healthy eating and active living or just starting out. There are four levels in the Campaign: Eager, Active, Fit and Elite. Campaign staff will help you get started as either Eager or Active and continue working with you to reach the higher levels of Fit and Elite.
Eager Cities & Towns join the Campaign by adopting a HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign Resolution expressing the intent to work with us on at least one HEAL policy area.
Eager Cities & Towns become Active by adopting their first HEAL policy.
Active Cities & Towns are municipalities that already have at least one HEAL policy on their books before joining the Campaign. They join our campaign by submitting this policy together with a resolution expressing the intent to work with us on additional HEAL policies.
Fit Cities & Towns are those that have adopted a policy in each of our three outlined policy areas upon joining the Campaign.
Elite Cities & Towns have adopted the three policies described in our Fit category plus two addition policies, bringing the total to five HEAL policies.