The HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign provides a variety of resources to help elected officials and city staff develop and implement policies that promote active communities, healthy food access and workplace wellness.
Please see the following resources below:
- 2017 HEAL Summit Resources
- Blog posts
- Funding Opportunities
- Worksite Wellness Resources
- Other Resources
- View agenda
- Summit attendee list
- Keynote & Conversation with Dwayne Wharton, Director of External Affairs, The Food Trust
- Keynote & Conversation with Tamika Butler, Executive Director, Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust
- February 28, 2018: Healthy Business Success Story: City of Fort Collins
- February 7, 2018: How to Create a Healthy Food Culture
- January 10, 2018: How HEAL Cities Are Advancing Health for All In Parks and Recreation
- November 27, 2017: The Power of the HEAL Resolution: Actions to Implement Success
- December 19, 2017: Fresh Food via a Mobile Market
- December 12, 2017: Highlights from LiveWell’s 2017 HEAL Summit
- August 29, 2017: The Proof is in the Produce! New CO4F Results Point Toward Success
- May 19, 2017: Healthy Workplaces: A Healthy Vending Success Story from Colorado Springs
- January 25, 2017: How Technical Assistance Can Help Your Municipality
- December 23, 2016: The Campaign Achieves Several Milestones in 2016
- September 25, 2016: Why Your City Needs a HEAL Committee
- June 6, 2016: Transforming a City Towards Health
Worksite Wellness Resources
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade’s For Colorado: For the Health of It! is a statewide initiative to cultivate a culture of health and well-being in small business and communities to enhance statewide economic vitality. Small Business Development Centers provide free consulting to small business clients include worksite wellness assistance. Contact Jamie Hackbarth for more information.
- Health Links offers online assessment, one-on-one advising, connections to like-minded organizations, and shares resources to help create and sustain worksite culture of health and safety. Contact John Stuligross for more information.
- Kaiser Permanente provides resources to employer groups with Kaiser Permanente Insurance. Contact your Workforce Health Consultant for assistance with assessing, planning, engaging and measuring success of workforce health programs. Interactive toolkits and guides are available to any employer group regardless of insurance coverage.
- Tri-County Health Department coordinates six employer resource groups which support the efforts of organizations to create a culture of health at their workplace. The groups convene regularly and provide a forum for HR professionals and wellness champions to share ideas and solve common challenges. Contact Michele Haugh for more information.
- American Heart Association Workplace Health Playbook is an online employer resource that offers evidenced-based and actionable advice to evaluate and improve workplace health programs.
- Financial Implications of Healthy Vending
- Understanding Healthy Procurement: Using Government’s Purchasing Power to Increase Access to Healthy Food
- Healthy Beverage Partnership: Healthy Beverage and Food Policy and Practice Toolkit, Hidden Sugar Campaign Toolkit, and Denver Public Health position statement on the Dangers of Sugary Drinks to Children.
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade’s Blueprint 2.0 provides technical assistance around 10 specific project initiatives to rural and distressed Colorado communities.