Apricot and Yogurt Parfait
Yield: 4 parfaits
- 12 oz (350g) dried apricots
- 1¼ cups orange juice
- ½ cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cup muesli or granola
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts, slivered
- Combine the apricots and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 25–30 minutes, or until very tender.
- Cool slightly. Transfer the apricot mixture to a food processor and purèe. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more orange juice.
- Serve warm or cold, in individual serving dishes with layered Greek yogurt, muesli, and pistachio slivers.
Notes: Peach Parfait: Instead of apricots, use 12oz (350g) dried peaches. The parfait also makes a delicious sauce for frozen yogurt, thinned with a little juice.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley