Baked Chicken Fingers
Yield: 8, 4 ounces cooked chicken per serving
- 2½ pounds boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" wide strips.
- Mix yogurt, water, salt, and pepper together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken strips to yogurt mixture and toss together until chicken is well-coated.
- Pour grated Parmesan and bread crumbs into a large plastic bag.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 3 to 4 chicken strips at a time to the plastic bag, seal bag, and shake chicken inside bag until it's well coated. Be sure to keep the bag sealed so the ingredients don't fall out when shaken.
- Place the coated chicken strips on the baking sheet, about 1⁄2-inch apart, in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd.
- pray chicken strips with cooking spray, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Repeat steps 8 and 9 if you don't have enough room on the baking sheet to cook all the chicken strips at once.
- Warm tomato sauce in a saucepan over low heat while chicken is baking, place in a small serving bowl, and serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken fingers.