Baked Sweet Potato French Fries
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried tarragon or 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped, fresh tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rimmed baking sheet, lightly greased
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut each potato into ½ inch (1 cm) thick slices. Cut each slice lengthwise into ½ inch (1 cm) strips. Place in a shallow bowl or plastic bag.
- Add oil, garlic, tarragon and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
© 2002 Margaret Howard