Yield: approximately 1¼ cups
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled, halved, sprout removed, minced
- 1 t. lemon juice
- Approximately ¾ c. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, a healthy pinch of salt and a couple grinds of fresh pepper. Begin to whisk in the olive oil, in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- After adding about half of the olive oil, taste vinaigrette, and continue adding more olive oil as desired. When desired taste is reached, season as needed with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Notes: Vinaigrette should “pack a punch” in the flavor area; only a small amount is used to dress greens. Otherwise we end up drenching our greens and making them soggy.
Recipe provided by: Chef Shellie Kark, KitchenCUE