Yield: 6, 1/6 of crumble per serving
- 5 Tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large bananas
- 2 cups of mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 9-inch square baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter the baking dish with 1 Tablespoon of the butter. Peel and slice bananas in half lengthwise, and place the banana halves flat side down in the baking dish.
- Rinse fresh berries if using, and pour over the bananas.
- Add flour, sugar, oats and spices to a medium mixing bowl and stir to blend. Cut the remaining 4 Tablespoons of cold butter into little pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using your fingers, quickly blend the butter into the dry ingredients, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the crumbly mixture over the fruit in an even layer, pressing down slightly.
- Bake until the crumble gets firm but not mushy and has turned golden in color, about 10-15 minutes.
Notes: If using frozen berries, make sure they are frozen individually and not packed in syrup. Use any combination of berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries or blackberries. Frozen or fresh whole strawberries should be cut in half or sliced before using.
Recipe provided by: Lynn Fredericks – FamilyCook Productions
Courtesy of Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters