Bell Pepper Crustless Quiche
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound of asparagus, trimmed and diced
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 6 NestFresh Eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic in hot olive oil for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, and spinach and sauté until spinach has wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry bell peppers.
- Slice the tops off of the bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Place peppers in a square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together with a fork. Add cheese.
- Carefully spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture into each pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables until each pepper is full, leaving an inch of space at the top.
- Cook peppers for 50 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or later at room temperature.