Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothies
The inspiration for this recipe comes from our friends at the National Peanut Board. Their peanut butter/blueberry smoothie (which we tweaked a tad) can be found on their Peanut Butter 4 Breakfast Facebook page. It’s featured as part of a campaign to raise money for non-profit organizations that help to feed the hungry.
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (low-fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt works well too)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- Place the milk, yogurt, peanut butter, blueberries, ice cubes, and agave in a blender, and blend until well combined. You may need to turn the blender off a few times to scrape down the sides of the blender and stir up the ingredients a bit.
- Pour into individual glasses and serve. (There should be plenty for mom … plus everyone who helped!)
Notes: Nutrition Information per Serving: 250 calories, 10g fat (2.0g saturated), 140mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 15g protein, 20% calcium
National Peanut Board