This is a winning recipe from the 2013 EatWell@School Cooking Competition. Students at Manual High School in Denver stuck to strict school food nutrition guidelines and a budget of less than $1 per student when creating this healthy meal.
- 1/2 C Onion small dice
- 3 C Colorado zucchini medium dice
- 3 C Corn
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 C Colorado cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2T Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 C Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2T Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat sauté pan over medium high heat, and add about 2T oil (to coat pan).
2. Add onion and cook until translucent about 3-5 min.
3. Add zucchini, corn, and garlic and cook for another 3-5 min.
4. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese and toss until melty, remove from heat and serve.