Chewy Cherry Almond Macaroons
Yield: Approximately 36 cookies
- 1 14-oz. package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped raw almonds
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (or grease and flour).
- In large bowl, blend coconut, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add egg whites and extract and mix well.
- Stir in cherries and almonds until well blended.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!