Chicken Panini Wrap
Jen, Maria, Maria, Ivan and Janeth of Bruce Randolph School are our 2012 EatWell@School Cooking Competition winners and the creators of this recipe. Denver Public Schools and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science's T-Rex Cafe featured this dish on May 8, 2013. Now, you can make it at home!
- 32 oz Chicken, thigh
- 4 cups Spinach, baby
- 3 each Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 each Onion, red, sliced
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 3 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 TBL Taco seasoning
- 6 TBL Ranch Dressing – low fat
- 12 Whole grain 9” tortillas
- Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick pan over medium-low heat; add onions and cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning, bake at 350?F until internal temperature reaches 165?F, shred.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping in foil and placing in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble wraps by spreading ½ TBL of ranch in center of tortilla, placing 1/3 cup spinach, ¼ cup tomatoes, 2 TBL of caramelized onions, 2 ½ oz of shredded chicken and ¼ cup of cheese and rolling it up by tucking in the ends and rolling.
- Press wrap on a panini press or on a preheated pan with another pan on top to press down.
- Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.