Yield: approximately 1¼ cups
This traditional sauce from Argentina is perfect with grilled or roasted meats.
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ t. red pepper flakes
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, wine, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes in a bowl, stirring until ingredients have combined. (Or blend it all briefly in a blender or the magic bullet. But don't let it get too fine.)
- Add the oil and mix well. Store unused portion in a jar in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Rebecca Caro, From Argentina With Love
© Copyright Chef Shellie Kark KitchenCUE 2011