Cilantro Lime Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons juice from lime
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder 4-5 lbs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 NestFresh Eggs
- 2 avocados, sliced or smashed
- 6 whole wheat buns
- In the bowl of a slow cooker or a large deep dish pan, combine oil, cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, lime juice, vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add pork shoulder.
- If using the crockpot method, cook pork shoulder on low for 6-8 hours.
- If using the oven method, place pork shoulder in deep dish and insert with a meat thermometer. Cook at 225 degrees for about 12 hours, or until thermometer reads 200 degrees. Remove from oven and allow pork to rest until thermometer reads about 170 degrees. At this point, pork is ready to be shredded.
- Using 2 forks, pull meat away from bone and shred. For quick and easy shredding, remove bone and place meat in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn mixer on for about 15-30 seconds until completely shredded.
- To assemble sandwiches, fry eggs until the yolk is set.
- Place about 1/2 cup of shredded pork on bottom side of bun and top with a few slices of avocado and fried egg.