Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Apples
These sweet, cinnamon-y, warm apple slices are my kids' new favorite healthy snack–and mine! If they are as popular at your house, you might want to invest in a mandoline slicer for easy prep!
-3-4 apples, your favorite kind
-1 lemon, juiced
-1/2 cups sugar
-2 tbs butter
-1 tbs ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice apples very thinly (about 1/8 of an inch), leaving skin and flesh intact but removing seeds and stem.
3. Toss with lemon juice to prevent browning, then place in one layer on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 200 degrees and roast for another hour, turning apple slices every 10-15 minutes. When the edges start to curl, remove from the oven.
5. Melt butter and toss apple slices in it. In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar and toss apple slices to coat. Let cool on a sheet of parchment or wax paper, or don’t. They’re perfectly delicious warm or cool.