Creamy Harvest Oatmeal with Apple-Cinnamon Yogurt
The trick to making creamy oatmeal is to soak the oats overnight in milk in the refrigerator. It also boosts the nutrition.
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled or steel-cut oats
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 6-ounces cinnamon-apple Greek yogurt
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 Asian pear, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate-flavored dried cranberries
- 1 half-section low-fat graham cracker, crumbled
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- Agave nectar or honey, to drizzle, optional
- Soak oatmeal in milk in the refrigerator overnight in a covered bowl. Follow package directions for cooking, 10 to 30 minutes, depending on type of oats, stirring constantly. Oatmeal is done when it is thick and creamy
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt and chopped fruits. Spoon mixture over oatmeal. Top with graham cracker crumbles and nuts. Drizzle on agave nectar or honey, if desired.