Cucumber Christmas Trees
- Cucumbers, both thick and thin diameter
- Pimientos, either sliced or diced
- Sesame seeds
- Cut up the cucumbers into thick slices, spreading the larger diameter pieces on a plate to create the base of the “trees”
- Put just a pinch of salt onto the cucumbers. Next, place a dollop of hummus on each cucumber. (To control the amount of hummus, spoon it into a baggie, cut the tip of the bag’s bottom corner, then squeeze the appropriate amount of hummus – about the size of an almond – onto each cucumber)
- Place the smaller-circumference cucumber slices on top of the hummus to create two-tiers of cucumbers.
- Top off the smaller cucumber slices with a dot of hummus.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with sesame seeds.
- Top each “tree” with a curl of sliced pimientos or a few of the diced pimientos to add color.