Curried Vegetables and Chickpeas
A great dish you can make in less than 30 minutes that is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber!
Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 T. fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine chickpeas, vegetable stock, and grated ginger. Bring to a boil and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick pan, sauté the garlic and onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add the green and red peppers and continue sautéing 8 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add vegetable mixture to chickpeas, stir, and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes until just heated through.
Saturated Fat: 0
Calories from Fat: 27
Dietary Fiber: 16
Recipe by Michele M. Doucette, PhD