Fruit Salad Cups
This is a winning recipe from the 2013 EatWell@School Cooking Competition. Students at Manual High School in Denver stuck to strict school food nutrition guidelines and a budget of less than $1 per student when creating this healthy meal.
- 3 C Granola
- 1/4 C Honey
- 4 C Combination of mango, blueberries (frozen), and strawberries (frozen)
- 2 C Yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 tsp Butter
1. Thaw fruit under cold running water.
2. Spray or lightly oil a muffin pan.
3. Add granola in a food processor and pulse until there are no more large chunks.
4. Combine granola, honey and butter and mix until incorporated
5. Place granola mixture in muffin tins and press until a solid 1/4 inch cup is formed.
6. Chill in freezer for about 25 minutes or until the cups are set.
7. Mix yogurt and fruit and scoop 1/2 cup of mixture into prepared granola cups.