Ichiban Asian Melon Cooler
Ichiban means 'first' in Japanese. The Japanese Language has numerous numeric suffixes that are used depending on the subject matter;"-ban" is only one of many ways to turn "ichi" ("one") into "first."
- 1 small melon of your choice
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/8 tsp of fresh ginger
- ½ C of honey
- 2 C of sparkling water
- 1 C of ice
- Have kids Ichiban chop up 1 small melon of your choice. …
- Add the chopped melon to your blender. Have kids squeeze the juice of 2 limes into the blender too…Have kids grate 1/8 tsp of fresh ginger…
- Measure in 1/2 C of honey and 2 C of sparkling water and add to the blender.
- Add 1 C of ice… (don’t forget the lid)… and …BLEND! BLEND! BLEND! POUR! DRINK!