Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Rosemary-Balsamic Glaze
The glaze in this recipe elevates a chicken breast from every day to elegant, yet the entire dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and kids will like it, too.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and rosemary in a small saucepan and simmer uncovered on low until reduced by half and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat, strain into serving dish. Discard rosemary.
- While glaze is reducing, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and chicken breasts and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn chicken, adding more oil if needed and cook for 3 minutes to brown the second side.
- Add ¼ cup water and quickly cover the skillet to trap in the steam.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is done, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice chicken breasts and serve on top of rice, potatoes, or pasta.
- Drizzle glaze on top or serve on the side.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs or orange slices.