Pesto Goat Cheese Pizza
This is one of the most popular pizzas around. Feel free to play with the amounts of ingredients — more pesto here, less goat cheese there — and it will work any way you slice it. Makes 2 14-inch pizzas.
-1 ½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
-1 ½ cups goat cheese
-1 cup basil pesto
-1 pizza dough recipe (enough for 2-14 inch pizzas) in two balls OR 2 pre-made pizza crusts
-1/4 cups olive oil
-cornmeal, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
2. Sprinkle some corn meal on an upside-down sheet pan.
3. Take one ball of dough, and flatten it with your fingertips. Start to work the dough into a circle. Once it is stretched to your desired circumference and thickness set it on the cornmeal-dusted sheet pan.
4. Do the same with the other ball of dough.
5. Spread half of the olive oil over each dough round. Drop spoonfuls of the pesto on the dough, and spread gently. Sprinkle the goat cheese crumbles over the pizza and top with the chopped tomatoes.
6. Place the sheet pan in the oven, or if using the pizza stone, gently slide the pizzas off the pan onto the stone, and bake until puffy and golden, about 8-10 minutes. You may need to turn the pizza halfway through cooking so that they cook evenly.
7. Remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.