- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ c finely chopped onion
- 2 ¼ c chicken stock
- ¾ c polenta
- ¼ c Loredana's Marinated Cheese Product (Recommended: Any Siena or Toscana)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp minced fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, bring to a boil. Whisking constantly, gradually add the polenta to the stock in a fine stream.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 10-15 minutes, or until the polenta thickens and easily comes away from the sides of the pot.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, Loredana's cheese product and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the prepared dish, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Set aside to cool completely.
- To serve, cut the polenta into 1-inch squares and serve.
Recipe Credit: Loredana's. For more information and ordering, visit http://www.loredanas.com/.