Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Cumin-Chile Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ c. water
- ¾ c. quinoa
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ t. lemon juice
- 1/8 t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. pure chile powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ c. black beans, rinsed if using canned
- Kernels from 1/2 ear of cooked corn
- 2 T. roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. crumbled feta or queso fresco, for garnish
- Place water in a medium saucepot over high heat. Season water with salt and stir in quinoa. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until all water has been absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove quinoa to a large bowl and stir with a fork to cool slightly. Stir in the black beans, corn and cilantro. Stir in vinaigrette, adjust seasonings with more spices, salt and pepper as desired. Serve room temperature.
© Copyright Chef Shellie Kark KitchenCUE 2011