Raspberry Banana Smoothie
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries or strawberries, or a combination
- 1 banana, broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 2½ cups pineapple or apple juice
- Combine the raspberries, banana, and yogurt in a blender. Add the juice, cover, and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 4 tall glasses and serve chilled.
- Variation for a thicker smoothie: Add another banana. If you prefer to use fresh fruits, add your own choice of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries plus 2 or 3 ice cubes.
- Good with breakfast or brunch, a great way to ensure you start the day with vitamin-rich fruits.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley