Roasted Zucchini and Mint Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- About 2/3 cup croutons
- About ½ cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Lay the zucchini on a baking sheet, skin side up, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until the zucchini are golden brown on the flat, fleshy side. Let the zucchini cool slightly and then slice into half moons.
- In a bowl, mix the zucchini, mint sprigs, croutons, and almonds. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, toss, and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
© 2008 Rick Tramonto