Rosemary White Bean Kale Soup
This flavorful, super nutritious soup includes squash, white beans and kale for a hearty helping of vegetarian/vegan comfort food.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 leek sliced (only the white part)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 large delicata squash peeled and chopped
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups kale of choice thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Meanwhile rinse and drain your beans and set aside. Saute your leek, bell pepper, delicata squash and rosemary for 5-7 minutes. Add in your water and vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat for 10 minutes. Stir in your tomato paste and then your drained beans. Let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes. Add in your kale until it becomes soft in the soup. Add in your black pepper to taste and optional nutritional yeast. Serve hot and enjoy!