Veggie Pad Thai
-8 ounces rice noodles
-1package tofu, drained
-1 small handful of bean, pea or sunflower sprouts (optional)
-5 green onions
-1 ½ lime, juiced
-4 tbs finely chopped peanuts
-2 tbs minced garlic
-3 tbs Thai chili sauce, more or less to taste
-5 tbs soy sauce
-3 tbs agave nectar
1. Cook rice noodles until they're al dente- not a moment later (otherwise the noodles will turn into a block-o'-noodles in the pan). Rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Thinly slice green onions.
3. Mix together lime juice, soy sauce, agave, Thai chili sauce and crushed red pepper.
4. Cut tofu slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Use towls or a tofu press to get a lot of the water out.
5. Heat up 2 Tbsp sesame oil in a pan over high heat. Pan fry the tofu slices, 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Remove tofu and cut into 1/2 – 3/4 inch squares.
7. Heat up another tablespoon of oil in the pan, and quickly pan fry the garlic. Add the rice noodles and as much sauce as you like, cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Throw in the tofu squares and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
9. Plate or bowl the mixture, and place green onions, sprouts and chopped peanuts on top, and serve with a lime wedge.