Western Slope Apple Crisp
Recipe courtesy of the students at Manual High School, Denver, CO, who competed during the EatWell@School Cooking Competition 2012-2013.
- 8 Apples, fresh from Colorado, sliced
- 24 oz Rolled oats
- 3 TBL Honey from Colorado
- 3 TBL Sugar, light brown
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 TBL Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 TBL Canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a deep baking sheet or dish with oil.
- In a bowl, mix apples, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper, evenly spread oats and sugar. Bake until toasted.
- Layer apple mixture in greased dish, top with oats mix and bake until apples are tender.
- To plate: Cut into squares and serve ½ cup portion.