Whole Wheat Waffles
Yield: 8 waffles; 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 NestFresh Egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 NestFresh Egg whites
- nonstick cooking spray
- Begin heating up your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- In the center of the well, add milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spray hot waffle iron with non stick cooking spray.
- Gently pour 1/2-3/4 cup batter into waffle iron.
- Cook until brown, about 4-5 minutes each, depending on your waffle iron.
- Serve immediately or freeze and reheat when desired.