Zucchini Green Bean Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. zucchini, trimmed
- ¼ lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 T. fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ c. scallions, finely chopped
- 1 c. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a mandoline or a knife, julienne zucchini, halve green beans lengthwise and again horizontally. (Zucchini and beans should be about the same size.)
- Blanch vegetables, drain, and transfer to a bowl.
- Add dill, scallions, and mushrooms. Toss with vinegar and oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe was first published in Issue #5