Zucchini Muffins with Hazelnuts
Yield: approximately 12 muffins
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. plain yogurt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. grated zucchini
- 1¾ c. all purpose flour
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- ½ c. toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven 375°. Grease and flour (or line) muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. Add oil, yogurt, vanilla and zucchini and stir to combine. Sift in flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir just to combine dry ingredients into the wet and add nuts. Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1/3 cup batter.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until center is set and toothpick comes out clean, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Remove muffins from tin and eat warm or cool completely, wrap and freeze.
© Copyright Chef Shellie Kark KitchenCUE 2011