Zucchini Tofu Yakitori
Prep 10 wooden Popsicle sticks: Have kids soak the sicks on water for 30+ minutes.
- 2 stalks green onions
- ½ tsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ C soy sauce
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 2 T of sugar (or honey)
- 1 small package of firm tofu
- 2 zucchini
- Have kids chop up 2 stalks of green onions and grate ½ tsp of fresh ginger and add to a big Ziploc bag…
- Smoosh up 1 clove of garlic and add to the bag. Have kids mix and measure ½ C of soy sauce, 2 T of vegetable oil, 1 tsp of cornstarch, 2 T of fresh lime juice, 1 T of sesame seeds and 2 T of sugar (or honey) in the Ziploc bag with the green onions, garlic and ginger.
- Have kids slice up 1 small package of firm tofu and 2 zucchini into 1” thick pieces…. Have kids stick the tofu and zucchini onto the wooden sticks.
- Place the wooden tofu skewers into the a plastic ziplock bag with the marinade and gently shake to coat the tofu and zucchini. Set to the side for at least 10 minutes (and up to 1 hour).
When ready to cook: Brush your skillet with some vegetable oil, and place skewers on skillet. Grill for 5 minutes or so, occasionally turning kabobs to ensure even cooking. Let cook before serving and eat with steamed rice!