LiveWell Colorado increases access to healthy eating and active living by removing barriers that inequitably and disproportionately affect low-income communities and people of color.
All Coloradans live in environments with equitable access to the nourishing food and physical activity they need to be healthy.
Build a sustainable, equitable, and health-promoting food environment.
Advance equitable access to physical activity opportunities across Colorado schools and communities.
Advance sustainable and equitable access to biking and walking.
- We believe a person’s health outcomes should not be determined by race, poverty, or place.
- We believe access to nourishing food is a basic human right.
- We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live in environments with access to safe, relevant, and affordable physical movement.
- We are committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and anti-oppression on all levels of our organization and with our constituencies.
- We are committed to transforming complex systems, in order to create lasting and sustainable change built on an equitable foundation.
- We are committed to finding and implementing solutions that are evidence-informed and community-informed.
- We believe that strategic partnerships and collaboration with diverse organizations and communities are critical to achieving health equity in the most impacted communities.